Is Your Water Softener Salt Wise?
We rely on salt to keep our roads safe in the winter and to soften water in our homes year-round but using more salt than is needed comes with a heavy price. In Wisconsin and much of the United States, chloride from salt is infiltrating into our lakes, streams and groundwater. Learn more about #thetruecostofsalt and how you can make a difference.
It only takes 1 teaspoon of salt to pollute 5 gallons of water to a level that is toxic for freshwater ecosystems. We can all work together to use the right amount of salt!
- 6/23/2021 - Want freshwater? Then stop over-salting
- 8/10/2021 - Smart Salting for WI Roads Workshop
- 8/11/2021 - Smart Salting for Parking Lots and Sidewalks
- 8/24/2021 - Smart Salting for Parking Lots and Sidewalks
- 9/15/2021 - Smart Salting for WI Roads Workshop